Thursday, February 1, 2007

A week's menu that worked...

I decided to post this week's menu- it worked so well and tasted so great. And my memory, well, there we are.

Sunday
Nachos- reg cheese for DH
- Unprocessed Cheez Spread from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook for me
also topped with black beans, chopped tomatoes, and chopped romaine lettuce
I made enough black beans for tonight and for Tuesday's black beans and rice.

Monday
Spinach Chickpea Curry- Vegan with a Vegeance
Salad
Grilled lamb

Tuesday
Black beans and rice
Salad
Steamed kale (I mixed it in my bowl of black beans and rice)

Wednesday
Ginger Roasted Winter Veggies- Vegan with a Vegeance
Leftover curry served over leftover steamed greens
Salad with leftover cheez spread as the salad dressing
Steamed broccoli
Grilled smoked pork chops- DH grills them in the George Foreman grill with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper

Thursday
Pasta with marinara sauce- spaghetti for DH and whole wheat elbows for me
Salad

5 flamingos- everything worked out great and tasted even better. I made extra black beans from scratch on sunday for the nachos and then had it easy for tuesdays black beans and rice. I also made a large batch of brown rice for the leftover chinese that I then used for the black beans and rice. I also had just enough curry and leftover greens so that I could spend my time making the new Roasted Winter Veggie menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment