Friday, June 22, 2007

pea salad

I have been getting the best English peas in my csa box. I tried cooking them like edamame as suggested by Jack Bishop in A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen- good but not to my liking. I found this recipe on YouTube. I think it still needs tweaking- I may have used too much pasta and not enough mint. I hope I get some more peas tomorrow!

ETA that I checked more into foodwishes.com and found it a great site. Well organized and I love the watching the video of Chef John preparing the recipes. I recommended checking it out!

Spring Pea Salad
foodwishes.com
http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/search/label/Salads

8 ounces pasta- he used star shaped, I could only find orzo. I passed on the alphabet pasta which may have worked because of the size but hey, it's summer!
1/2 cup peas
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup olive oil (I used a bit less)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint. chopped
I also added basil- didn't work and lemon basil- very nice but not necessary.

Shell peas and place in a colander. Cook pasta, drain over the peas. This will cook the peas just right. Let sit for a moment. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Put the peas and pasta in a serving bowl and mix in the olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Let cool to room temperature. Mix in the fresh herbs just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment