Monday, January 15, 2007

Chickpea Salad with Provencal Herbs and Olives


I wanted something for dinner tonight that included chickpeas. I love them but DH doesn't and tonight he has the leftover cassoulet (that was a beautiful dish from Mastering the Art of French Cooking). I went to the Cooking Light recipe finder and found this. The idea of a salad was appealing with the warmer weather- a high of almost 70F in Jan in Washington DC!! The chickepea recipe can be found here
http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1065515

I made some changes- onion powder instead of the onion (I was hoping DH would try it and like it) and I subbed dried oregano, rosemary, and thyme.


Well, he didn't try it but it was delicious over a bed of romaine lettuce. It definitely turned colder here but this worked as a salad topping for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment